We are committed to decreasing our environmental footprint and increasing sustainability.
As part of our efforts to reduce waste and our overall carbon footprint the following initiatives are taking place at Solamar San Diego:
- We utilize an environmental management system
- We use low or no-VOC paints
- We use drip irrigation for landscaping and drought resistant plants
- We participate in San Diego clean up days
- In room Bathroom toiletries are in bulk refillable dispensers.
- We offer a linen reuse program to reduce water and energy waste, same for towels.
- Removed all disposable items from associate use, changed to wood stirrers and paper straws to be used only used as needed.
- Participate in make a green choice program for length of stay over 2 nights.
- We have dual flush low flow toilets and low flow faucets in every guest room for water conservation.
- We have recycling waste baskets in all guest rooms and public spaces so we can spread recycling throughout the hotel.
- We have a cardboard recycling program for all the boxes we receive daily.
- We use an energy management system in all public spaces and light sensors in all meeting spaces.
- We use Pathosans cleaning products which replaces harsh chemicals. Pathosans is safer for guests and associates as it is fragrance free, eye and skin safe, as well as effective against 99.99% of bacteria.
Shared Interest With Our Owners, Pebblebrook Hotel Trust
- 63% of our properties have a sustainability coordinator or green champion
- 80% of our properties have meeting rooms with digital thermostats
- 98% of our properties have a preventative maintenance plan that checks building energy and water equipment at least quarterly
- 61% of our properties have a water efficiency program
- 94% of our properties have faucets with low-flow aerators to conserve water
- 48% of our properties have eliminated single-use plastics (or reduced to an absolute minimum) from the property
- 74% of our properties have eliminated plastic straws
- 65% of our properties have implemented a food waste prevention strategy
- Nearly $19 million invested on environmental initiatives
PEB 5-Star Promise Statement
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (“Pebblebrook”) strongly supports AHLA’s 5-Star Promise. Our pledge to AHLA complements the practices and policies in-place by our company and our hotel operating partners which are designed to ensure that the hotel employees at our more than 50 owned hotels across the United States abide by the law, respect individual’s rights, and do not tolerate sexual harassment of any type at our properties. We have dedicated a significant amount of resources to assist our hotel operators with sexual harassment awareness training and avoidance programs, in addition to training and resources to prevent human trafficking. We will continue to engage with our hotel operators to provide the resources to further assist them in ensuring the safety of our hotel employees and our guests. Pebblebrook is committed to funding the purchase of hotel employee safety devices for use at all of our owned hotels by the end of 2020, as well as to provide funding for additional training and education programs on sexual harassment and human trafficking at our corporate level and our hotel properties. Through our pledge to the 5-Star Promise, Pebblebrook intends to contribute to positive, industry-wide improvements to continue to make hotels a safe place for all our employees and guests.